Hi everyone! I am really looking forward to HokiePRIDE this year! I am a sophomore and a biochemistry major with a philosophy minor. When I graduate I hope to work in some kind of environmental restoration and conservation. I am always up to talking about different topics and issues you might have just shoot me an email. You can also find me quite frequently in the LGBTQ+ Resource center on the second floor of Squires Student Center
The President Shall:
- Represent the organization and maintain contacts with the university administration, other campus organizations, and off-campus persons, organizations, and institutions;
- Meet regularly with faculty advisor to coordinate official efforts of the organization;
- Represent or delegate someone to represent the organization on university committees such as the LGBT Caucus, Alumni gatherings, the Commission on Student Affairs, Order of the Gavel, etc.;
- Work as an administrator on tasks that cannot be referred to a particular committee as stated by the bylaws or by necessity;
- Delegate all information, tasks, and plans to the appropriate officers and to oversee all duties of the officers;
- Chair all Engagement Committee meetings unless otherwise delegated;
- Generate a weekly agenda for Engagement Committee meeting proceedings;
- Cultivate leadership traits of Engagement Committee members in their charge and the organizational development of HokiePRIDE;
- Create committees and appoint committee chairs for specific programs sanctioned by the Engagement Committee;
- Oversee and help with the composition of the annual budget with the Vice President and Finance Chair;
- Co-manage the GobblerConnect site with the Web & Technology Chair; and,
- The President shall coordinate with the Vice-President to determine which of the responsibilities listed herein should be completed and distribute the said responsibilities between each other.
Top 5 Strengths:
- I have a three legged cat.
- I am a Taurus.
- My favorite color is green.
- I don't know what being a Taurus means.