Hello! I am so excited you are interested in HokiePRIDE. As President, I am so grateful to help facilitate LGBTQ+ community! Calling Blacksburg and the New River Valley my home for the last four years has helped me meet students, faculty, staff, and community members in all corners of this area. If I haven't met you yet, find me at a weekly meeting, during one of our signature events, or in the LGBTQ+ Resource Center in Squires. As your organization's President, I want to know how my leadership can work for you to better your time at Virginia Tech. See you soon!
The President shall:
- Represent the organization and maintain contacts with the university administration, other campus organizations, and off-campus persons, organizations, and institutions;
- Meet regularly with faculty advisor to coordinate official efforts of the organization;
- Represent or delegate someone to represent the organization on university committees such as the LGBT Caucus, Alumni gatherings, the Commission on Student Affairs, Order of the Gavel, etc.;
- Work as an administrator on tasks that cannot be referred to a particular committee as stated by the bylaws or by necessity;
- Delegate all information, tasks, and plans to the appropriate officers and to oversee all duties of the officers;
- Chair all Engagement Committee meetings unless otherwise delegated;
- Generate a weekly agenda for Engagement Committee meeting proceedings;
- Cultivate leadership traits of Engagement Committee members in their charge and the organizational development of HokiePRIDE;
- Create committees and appoint committee chairs for specific programs sanctioned by the Engagement Committee;
- Oversee and help with the composition of the annual budget with the Vice President and Finance Chair;
- Co-manage the GobblerConnect site with the Web & Technology Chair; and,
- The President shall coordinate with the Vice-President to determine which of the responsibilities listed herein should be completed and distribute the said responsibilities between each other.
Top 5 Strengths:
- I rescued an elderly cat named Munch last year, and he is now a gay icon.
- I am a student coordinator for the LGBTQ+ Resource Center.
- I have the travel bug and haven't found a cure yet.
- Seriously, someone tell me how to stop being obsessed with traveling.